Most people who consume alcohol have more than they can manage. This is seen in alcohol drinkers who lose control of their senses when they have one drink too many. Such an overstepping of limits is called as alcohol abuse. People who abuse alcohol are having more alcohol than their body allows them, but they have not yet come totally under the control of their alcohol habit. However, if they continue drinking for long, then they will not be able to resist alcohol and will become totally addicted to it.
- Tab. Brihat Vata chintamani rasa (1-0-0 with half glass milk before break -fast)
- Brahmi Ghritam (1 tablespoon 1-0-1 in empty stomach and take warm water).But if the person is a habitual alcoholic, then severe treatments are necessary.
- Suvarachala choornam (2 teaspoon with warm water 30 min. after the dinner thrice in a week-induce vomiting,
- Avipathikara choornam 1 table spoon mix with warm water after dinner.( digestive medicines.)
- An apple or banana helps to flush out the toxins from the body which collect due to alcoholism.
- Both grapes and dates are very beneficial in reducing the urge to consume alcohol.
- If alcoholics are kept on a diet of only grapes for a couple of weeks, then most likely the temptation to drink will be totally gone.
- Introduce many other drinks in the person's diets so that the craving for the alcoholic drink is reduced.
- A glass of carrot juice will help to reduce the temptation.
For an alcoholic, avoiding alcohol could be a very difficult task.The withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism may be very severe. So it is not advisable for a hardcore alcohol to stop drinking entirely. Instead, the alcohol should be carefully phased out.
Some Useful Herbs
- Aloe vera (Aloe vera)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)-important role in strengthening the brain and nervous coordination.
- Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)-the gotu kola herb revitalizes the brain.
- Musk (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Its cooling effect helps the body to fight against then effects of alcoholism.
Follow the steps
- The person must be made to take interest in constructive hobbies and sports.
- Love and affection from family members and friends
- Attending meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous will show the alcoholic how people have managed to kick their boozing habits. This will create a very positive outlook in the alcoholic.
- Instead of alcohol, other drinks with less alcohol in them can be used, such as wine and cocktails. Eventually even these can be stopped.